Why do I call myself The Black Swan Sibyl?
The name Black Swan Sibyl was given to me in 2016 by a Wisdom Keeper at the beginning of my awakening. Here are some details about how I relate to the name.
1. The black swan is my animal totem (“A totem animal, to put it simply, is an animal spirit that stays with you your entire life. It’s there to guide and protect you and is often gifted to you before birth. Sometimes they are passed down through family lines. They differ from spirit guides in that an animal spirit guide may be a temporary messenger, but doesn’t stay with you your entire life”. – Source of this quote: https://otherworldlyoracle.com/how-to-find-your-totem-animal/) I found out what my animal totem is through Little Grandmother Keisha – you can check out her website and order your own animal totem reading here: http://littlegrandmother.net/services-animal-totem/
2. The term “black swan event”, coined by Nassim Taleb, refers to a highly improbable event with potentially great impact, making it extremely difficult to plan for. People generally live under the assumption that black swan events won’t happen, justifying this by believing that they are actually impossible rather than merely improbable.
3. Sibyl – noun
* any of certain women of antiquity reputed to possess powers of prophecy or divination.
* a female prophet or witch.
“Before the discovery of Australia, people in the Old World were convinced that all swans were white, an unassailable belief as it seemed completely confirmed by empirical evidence. The sighting of the first black swan might have been an interesting surprise for a few ornithologists (and others extremely concerned with the coloring of birds), but that is not where the significance of the story lies. It illustrates a severe limitation to our learning from observations or experience and the fragility of our knowledge. One single observation can invalidate a general statement derived from millennia of confirmatory sightings of millions of white swans.”
—Nassim Taleb, “The Black Swan”
How I relate to my connection with the black swan.
1. Most people who have suffered as much as I have don’t survive (most people under similar circumstances would have committed suicide – which I have attempted and survived multiple times)
2. I escaped a dire financial abuse situation without winding up on the street
3. I have extremely strong clairempathy – I have yet to meet anyone else who has this ability in the same way or with the same clarity that I do. Most people are uncomfortable with my abilities and don’t want to believe how clearly I perceive people. This ability amplified the pain I experienced.
4. I grew up completely surrounded by sociopaths and negative people.
5. I went in search of God and found it within myself, that was the very moment that everything changed
6. Finding my positive twin flame invalidated my worldview in which all people were negative and validated the positivity I kept alive within myself.
What is my real name?
My given name is Christina Hope Justice – my family calls me Christie.
Fun fact: I was born on Christmas.