How to Get Rid of Crystals

“I gave up the New Age cult and threw away all my books, tarot cards and crystals!”

It sometimes happens that people who have been following a belief system for a long time suddenly change their minds and decide to take a different approach to seeking truth. They may declare they have had an epiphany that the spirituality they’ve been practicing is condemned by God and so in a fearful move they burn their books and throw away all of their metaphysical things, including crystals. (Acts 19:19)

While it is true that man has made and will continue to make many books, (Ecclesiastes 12:12) including some about the occult (hidden knowledge) and to destroy them all in the name of God is one way to clear your conscience and clean your closet, we believe that crystals are a different matter.

Crystals or stones are not made by man. (Luke 19:40). Crystals and semiprecious stones are made by the very hand of God. They are found in the Earth, God’s most precious creation, which he cares very much about. (Isaiah 60: 13; 66:1)

If you have crystals in your home that you feel you shouldn’t have, we would like to suggest an alternative to throwing them into the garbage where they will end up in a landfill. Why not dig a deep hole and give them back to God’s most precious creation, the Earth?

What if you have stones that you inherited or that someone gave you and you just don’t want them? Another option would be to gift them to a friend or leave them in a conspicuous public place where someone who will be happy to find them might take them home. Let your “trash” become someone’s treasure!

If you feel like you do not have the time, energy or a place to bury your stones, you are welcome to send them to me.  I will pledge to dispose of your stones for you in a prayerful and respectful way.

Do you have other ideas for getting rid of crystals? Let us know in the comments below and we may add your suggestions to this article.

UPDATE: Thank you to everyone who has participated in this re-homing project!  It has become something bigger than I expected when I wrote this article!  If you feel like a stone has too much energy for you (Moldavite and Rainbow Obsidian for example) you might try balancing the energy with a more grounding stone (like jasper, petrified wood, smoky quartz or tiger’s eye).

In my opinion, the two best ways to get rid of crystals you no longer need or want, is to either bury them in the ground or leave them in a conspicuous place where a lucky passerby will find them as a surprise gift.  If you do this, make it fun, wrap it beautifully with a little anonymous note.

If you would still like me to help you to re-home your unwanted stones, you can send them to me at

Black Swan Sibyl

Steenstraat 10A

6828CJ Arnhem, the Netherlands

I would like to hear the story behind them. (Where did you get the crystals? Why do you want to get rid of them? Anything else you’d like to share)

Thanks again for connecting with me and I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Black swan sibyl Christina Signature

13 Comments

1. Lindsay Givens
    May 16, 2021

I would like to ship my broken crystals to you for to dispose. I saw in your article we can do that!

1. Black Swan Sibyl
      June 3, 2021

Hi Lindsay! I think the best thing to do with broken crystals is to bury them in special places. I recommend you go to your favorite outdoor spot, dig a small hole, just big enough to cover the crystal and leave it there. Of course I would ask that you do this respecting all property rules. 🙂 Thanks for contacting us!

2. Heidi M.
    June 5, 2021

Hi there, I just recently purchased a stone from a little shop I trust in California, it’s called moldavite, not too long ago, about May 29th, and it’s not resonating well for me. I have been noticing my energy has been off and I know my chakras are off balance..but I’ve never felt anything so transformative… I was at a friend’s house a couple days after that and had the worst anxiety attack of my life. My heart was in my chest and throat and I was shaking uncontrollably.. I thought it was from barely eating earlier that day .. but then I told my friend and she was like “Bad things can happen when you first get it, you just have to manifest to heal yourself from it with it,” I knew I should’ve done some more research before getting the stone, but now I would like to get rid of it respectably and responsibly. I wouldn’t want anything else to happen if I just threw it in the River or something.. Once I get home, I will cleanse it under warm water and moonlight since it hasn’t been cleansed before..
    Is there any way I could send the stone your way? It is still in perfect condition as well

1. Black Swan Sibyl
      June 7, 2021

Hi there! Thank you for contacting me! I do have some friends in the US to whom you could send the stone. Please do send me a private message via email at blackswansibyl@gmail.com for further info.

3. Megan
    September 23, 2021

I bought 2 crystals , black obsidian and kyanite, the kyanite is okay but the black obsidian doesn’t feel right to me , anyway to get rid of them ? I really don’t want to bury them x

1. Black Swan Sibyl
      September 23, 2021

Hi Megan, I literally just talked to my crystal supplier and he just said that many people find black obsidian to be too heavy for them! I find it very synchronistic that I should see your comment only moments later. If you know someone who likes crystals, you could gift it to them, or (I really like this idea) you could put a little bow and a note with a blessing on it (or not) and leave it in a conspicuous place where a stranger will find it like a treasure or a gift. People should always clear crystals before bringing them into their space and I would advise that you also clear the crystal before you give it away. If this idea isn’t enough, you can let me know your location and I will find someone near you or in your country who would love to receive your obsidian. <3 thanks for writing xx

4. Denise
    January 2, 2022

Hi can you dispose a crystal that I have please

1. Black Swan Sibyl
      January 4, 2022

Hello, thank you for your query. Yes, I will help you find a new home for it. If you could please send it to the following address:

Steenstraat 10A
      Arnhem, the Netherlands
      6828CJ

Please let me know if there is anything further I can do for you.

Warm regards,
      Christina

5. Nadia
    June 21, 2022

Hiya, i have crystals that my mum has put around the house that i feel does not glorify God and would like to dispose of them as they are causing issues. i am not capable of sending it to you and i dont want to bury them anywhear around the house

1. Black Swan Sibyl
      June 25, 2022

Do the crystals belong to your mother? Is she still living in the house that she has put them in? Unless she is no longer living, the crystals do not belong to you, therefore it is not up to you to get rid of them without her permission. Doing so would be stealing and violating her free will, which also does not glorify god. In that case, to honor her free will would be the best way to act in harmony with divinity.

6. Aliyah Gordon
    July 25, 2022

Hello, I just came across this website when searching for a healthy way of getting rid of a rainbow aura crystal. I believe I was not ready for this crystal and would kindly like to give it away, is there a chance you can help me?

7. Nika
    September 12, 2022

Hi, I bought some black obsidian that is really not sitting well with me, it’s making me feel super dizzy and I think it’s too strong for me right now. Would you recommend burying it?

1. Black Swan Sibyl
      September 12, 2022

Hi thanks for your question. Actually, I would recommend putting it in a body of moving water. If you have a river or even a small creek nearby, I would put it in there.